Accessibility features on this website
Ernest Jones recognises the importance of providing a website that is accessible to all user groups, including the disabled.
The following features improve navigation for screen-reader users, keyboard navigation and users of text-only browsers.
At the start of every page is a short menu that allows you to jump directly to the most important parts of the page, including main content and navigation. Each of these also has an access key associated with it.
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts that reduces the need to use the mouse for navigation in browsers that support them.
Using access keys on our supported browsers and platforms:
- Internet Explorer 6, 7 & 8: press Alt + an access key. Then press Enter to activate the link.
- Google Chrome: press Alt + an access key.
- Firefox: press Alt + Shift + an access key.
- Safari 5: press Ctrl + Opt + an access key.
The following access keys are available throughout the website:
- c - Jump to Contact Us
- a - Jump to Account Navigation
- n - Jump to Additional Site Navigation
- 0 - (zero) Jump to Accessibility Statement
Our pages conform at a minimum to Level A compliance as specified by the Web Accessibility Initiative. Where possible, Levels AA and AAA requirements are also met.
We strive to obey the spirit of the Equality Act 2010 which replaces most of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) of 1995 as well as the EU e-Commerce Directive adapted in 2000 with respect to the provision of services online.
All pages validate as HTML5 and use structured semantic markup. This ensures assitive technology devices can navigate the site according to w3c standards.