Your card will be debited when we despatch your order to your selected address or to the Ernest Jones store of your choice.
If you are picking up your order from a store, you will need to go in person and take along the payment card you used to pay, as well as your order number. This is for your peace of mind, allowing us to ensure that your details remain secure.
Our stores also accept High Street vouchers, and Edge. Unfortunately Edge cannot be accepted in Channel Island or Isle of Man stores.
We now accept payments using PayPal. To complete your order using PayPal please select the PayPal button on the basket page, you will then be taken to PayPal site to complete your purchase.
If you have received one of our gift cards or eGift card, you can use it to make full or part payments on items online or in any Ernest Jones store. Your gift card(s) or eGift card maybe used along with other payment methods. You can use up to 2 gift cards, eGift cards and/or insurance replacement cards combined per order.
Insurance Replacement Card
If you have received an insurance replacement card you can use it to make full or part payments. It can be used for purchases at ernestjones.co.uk, hsamuel.co.uk or in any Ernest Jones, H.Samuel or Leslie Davies store in the UK. Your insurance replacement card may be used along with other payment methods. You can use up to 2 insurance replacement cards and/or gift cards combined per order.Back to top
Credit OptionsThere's a smarter way to pay
Take advantage of our Interest Free Credit options (available in store and online). Choose from…
- 6 Months Interest Free Credit
- 9 Months Interest Free Credit
- 12 Months Interest Free Credit
- 24 Months Interest Free Credit
- 36 Months Interest Free Credit
- 48 Months Interest Free Credit
Which are available with only a 10% deposit or...
Both available with a 20% deposit.
Also available is...
Which is available with a 25% deposit.
Explore our range of credit options and see which one is suitable for you. Benefits include:
- Equal monthly payments
- No interest charges
- No early settlement charges
- Simply pay a small deposit upfront
So why wait? Treat yourself or give the gift they’ll remember forever with our Interest Free Credit.
|Representative 0% APR|
|Interest Rate (fixed):||0% p.a|
|Purchase Price (min £199)/Total Amount Payable :||£800|
|Deposit (min 10%):||£80|
|Duration of Agreement:||12 months|
|12 Monthly Payments of:||£60|
|Total Amount Payable:||£800|
Minimum spend £199 and minimum 10% deposit required for interest-free credit over 6, 9 and 12 months.
Minimum spend £999 and minimum 20% deposit required for interest-free credit over 24 and 36 months.
Minimum spend £2000 and minimum 25% deposit required for interest-free credit over 48 months.* Terms and conditions apply. Credit, subject to age and status is provided by Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC. Registered office: Hitachi Capital House, Thorpe Road, Staines-upon-Thames, Surrey TW18 3HP. Registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 01630491. Ernest Jones Limited acts as a credit intermediary and only offers credit products for Hitachi Capital (UK) PLC. Registered office: 110 Cannon Street, London EC4N 6EU. Registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 3768966. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Applying for online finance
When you shop online from Ernest Jones Limited you have the choice of applying for Interest Free Credit to purchase your item (subject to minimum spend of £199). To do this, follow these simple steps:
1. Click the interest free credit button - on the product or basket page. This will take you to the 0% Interest free credit options page.
2. Select the radio button on the right of the screen that matches your preferred re-payment option, i.e. duration and monthly re-payment amounts. (there is flexibility to change the deposit amount you pay, above the minimum required, that will then update the repayment options).
3. Select add to basket button - this will take you to the Basket Page where (at the bottom of the Page) it will confirm your preferred IFC Online loan agreement option. You can amend this option by selecting the EDIT button and this will take you back to the 0% Interest Free Credit Options Page, where you can amend the option selected.
4. Checkout - proceed with payment by entering: your account, billing address and payment details for the deposit amount on your purchase.
5. Select the Pay Now button – once your deposit payment has been accepted a confirmation page which will provide details of your Ernest Jones order number.
6. Hitachi Pay By Finance Web Site – Having selected the product to be purchased and paid your deposit, you will then be taken directly to the Hitachi Pay By Finance Web Site. Here your order details will be displayed and you will be led through the completion of the credit application. (This should take approximately 5 minutes)
7. Finally – if the application is accepted and e-signed you will then be taken back to the Ernest Jones Web Site with a Page confirming your Order and Hitachi Application Number.
……its as easy as that!
Your questions answered
Here's some of the most commonly asked questions regarding online finance.
Once my application is approved, what happens next?
Within minutes of your application being approved, you will be presented with the option to sign your credit agreement.
• If you are offered the ability e-sign your credit agreement and choose to do so, a PDF of your credit agreement will be displayed on screen. You should read the credit agreement carefully before clicking all the relevant sections agreeing to its terms. Once you have agreed to the terms of the credit agreement Ernest Jones Limited will be notified and you need do nothing more. Please take advantage of the e-sign option if offered as this will speed up the delivery of your item.
• If you are only presented with the ability to print and return your credit agreement you should print the PDF agreement, read it carefully and then sign the document following the instructions on the covering letter. This signed document should then be posted to the address shown on the covering letter of the credit agreement. Note that products will not be allocated to your order until your completed and signed agreement is returned and received by Hitachi Capital. Shipment of your goods will follow soon after your agreement has been returned to our finance company
Will you credit score me and if so, what does this mean?
Credit scoring is the process used by financial services companies to evaluate the credit risk of new applicants. This technique will be applied to your application for online finance. Credit scoring works by awarding points for each answer given on the application form such as age, income and occupation, together with information obtained from credit reference agencies. This information allows us to produce consistent decisions, ensuring all our applicants are treated fairly. Credit scoring does not discriminate on the grounds of sex, race, religion or disability.
If you decline my application, what is the reason?
In addition to credit scoring, we also take into account confirmation of your identity, validation of certain application details, existing commitments and information held at the credit reference agencies. Though we are unable to provide you with a main reason for decline of your application, it is usually based on one, or a combination of the following:
- Your credit score (note that every finance company will score you differently)
- Adverse credit reference agency information
- You are considered to be overcommitted
- You are aged under 18
- Your existing account performance with other lenders
What type of information do credit reference agencies hold about me?
Some of the information is public information, for example electoral roll, County Court Judgements and bankruptcies. Other lenders may also file information about accounts you hold with them for instance this could include your payment history and outstanding balance on these accounts. Any requests for credit, where a credit reference search has been undertaken, will also be filed, although the result of the request is not recorded.
How do I obtain a copy of this information?
You should send a cheque for £2.00 made payable to the relevant company, together with details of all addresses at which you have lived over the last 6 years:
Consumer Help Desk Experian Limited PO Box 8000 Nottingham NG1 5GX
Equifax Ltd., Credit File Advice Centre. PO Box 1140. Bradford, BD1 5US
Consumer Services, Call credit Limited, PO Box 491, LEEDS, LS3 1WZ
The above listed agencies will provide details of information relating via these addresses. If you believe that the information is incorrect, you can ask the agency to correct it.
If my application is not successful, can I re-apply?
Yes. We acknowledge that your circumstances change and just because we have refused a previous application, it does not mean that we'll automatically turn down a further request. We do suggest however, that you leave at least 6 months between applications.
Who is eligible to apply for online finance?
To apply for finance, you must be over the age of 18, work at least 16 hours a week, or be retired with an income. You must also be a resident of the United Kingdom and have lived in the UK for the last 12 months or more. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer finance to residents of Eire. Homemakers aren't excluded from applying under their own names; however we will require the employment details of your spouse in order to process your application.
Can I request delivery to an address other than my billing address?
In order to safeguard against fraudulent applications, we regret that we're able only to deliver goods to the billing address of the applicant. Your billing address must be your current address at the time of application.
Can I purchase more than one item in a transaction using Interest Free Credit?
Interest Free credit is only available when purchasing a single product so can not include more than one item and cannot include gift packaging. Mulitple items can be purchased in store with Interest Free Credit.
Can I use PayPal or a gift card to pay my deposit?
Unfortunately the deposit for Interest Free Credit must be paid on credit/debit or gift/insurance card.
Can I get my purchase delivered the next day?
In order to get your application processed by Hitachi we are unable to deliver interest free credit item the next day. Once your application has been approved and confirmed to us by Hitachi we will inform you of when the order will be delivered.
If you require further information please visit or call your local Ernest Jones store.Back to top
Verified by Visa and MasterCard® SecureCode™
For your extra peace of mind when placing your online order, you have the option of signing up to Verified by Visa or MasterCard® SecureCode™ when you reach the payment page. These services allow you to protect your card with a password, which further protects it against unauthorised use when you shop with us.
Once you have registered your card and created your password, you can use this with any future Ernest Jones online purchase. However, you can choose not to use it.
Please note that orders will only be despatched once we have authorisation from your card issuer. We are not liable for any delay or non-delivery that arises as a result of authorisation problems.Back to top
Prices throughout the website are quoted in Pounds Sterling, and payment can only be accepted in Pounds Sterling. Prices include VAT. Delivery and gift packaging charges will be added to the total, as appropriate.
What is a voucher code?
A voucher code allows you to take advantage of special discounts and offers. Voucher codes are issued by email, in-store, by post, in magazines, newspapers and though other promotional literature.
Where can I redeem my voucher code?
Voucher codes that have been issued by email can only be redeemed at ernestjones.co.uk.
Voucher codes that have been issued by an Ernest Jones store or by post can usually be redeemed at ernestjones.co.uk or in any Ernest Jones store but please refer to the terms and conditions of the offer.
To find out where other voucher codes can be redeemed, please refer to the terms and conditions of the offer.
How do I use my voucher code online?
When you have qualifying items in your shopping basket, simply enter the voucher code in the 'Complimentary voucher code' field and click on 'Apply'. The discount or offer will automatically be applied to your shopping basket.
If you have applied your voucher code but decide to continue shopping or edit your order before paying, the code will remain in your basket. You will not need to enter it again when you proceed through checkout.
If you have applied your voucher code but decide to exit the website before proceeding through checkout, the code will be removed from your basket. You will have to re-enter it when you visit our website again.
I have entered my voucher code but the discount/offer has not been applied
If the discount or offer has not been applied, a message telling you why will be displayed at the top of your shopping basket. Here are the main reasons why the discount or offer may not have been applied.
- Your order does not qualify
- Please check that the items in your basket meet the offer criteria by referring to the terms and conditions. For example, most voucher codes are only valid on full price items and exclude certain brands.
- Your voucher code is not valid
- You may have mis-typed the code we provided you with. Please check and try again.
- Your voucher code has already been used
- Voucher codes can only be used once so make sure that you have not previously redeemed your code.
- The voucher code you used is not yet active or has expired
- Voucher codes are valid for a certain period only and must be presented within that time. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the offer to check that the offer has started or that it has not ended.
Voucher code terms and conditions
Voucher codes can only be used once. Voucher codes offering a discount cannot be used for the purchase of gift cards, repairs, cleaning products, accessories, warranties or insurance replacements and may exclude certain brands. Voucher codes offering a discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, coupon, discount or offer. If an order or part of an order is cancelled, the voucher code will become invalid. Voucher codes have a valid period during which they must be presented.
For full terms and conditions, please refer to the terms and conditions of the offer.Back to top