Free Gift with selected Watches over £500* Find Out More
Returns & Exchanges
Variation To Refund Policy For Items Purchased With Clearpay
- We are unable to issue refunds in store where Clearpay was used as payment.
- If you have changed your mind, you can return your Clearpay purchase free of charge by post for a refund via Royal Mail Website
Christmas Return Policy
Purchases made between Saturday 1st October to Saturday 24th December 2023 inclusive can be returned for an exchange or refund up to and including Tuesday 23rd January 2024. T&Cs apply.
Please note that warranty purchased on a monthly plan is EXCLUDED from the extended returns policy. Normal returns policy of 30 days applies.
Returning An Item
There are two easy ways to return an item:
Return To A UK Store For A Refund
This is the quickest way to return items. You can also exchange any unwanted items at your local store. Find your nearest store with our store locator and follow below instructions on store returns:
- Place the item into its original presentation box. Please note that pierced items can only be returned in their original sealed packaging
- Take it to a UK store of your choice together with your despatch note. Orders via the website cannot be returned to stores in Eire or the Channel Islands
- If the item is in its original condition, we will process the exchange or refund for you
- If you require a refund, please bring the payment card you used to place the order
- If you received the item as a gift, we will offer an exchange for an alternative item or reimburse you with a gift card credited to the cost of the item
Returning Items By Post
You can return items to us by post free of charge within 30 days and you will be refunded with the payment method you used to place the order.
Items must be returned with a completed returns form. To enable products to be returned free of charge, please visit the Royal Mail website where you can print out the returns label. The returns label will also be sent to you via email. If you are unable to print the returns label, please show the email at your local Royal Mail office, and they will be able to do this for you. Please also ask for proof of postage. Furthermore, please follow below instructions:
- Please include this notice and original despatch note or a copy inside your parcel
- Please highlight or place a tick next to the items you are returning on the despatch note
- Items must be returned in their original condition and in their original presentation box
- Please note that pierced items can only be returned in their original sealed packaging
- Make sure the package is sealed securely.
Please note that we are unable to accept returns for Personalised or Engraved items unless the item is faulty or does not match the specifications specified in your order.
Cancelling An Order Before Despatch
Unfortunately, we’re unable to cancel orders prior to their despatch but this doesn’t affect your statutory rights. Therefore, if you change your mind after placing an order, you will need to wait until the goods have been delivered before returning them to us. Details on how to return goods can be found in the “Returning goods after despatch” section below.
Right To Cancel
Cooling off Period
When you order from us online, you are entitled to a cooling off period, you can return your goods without any charge. Our cooling-off period is 30 days (from delivery of the goods to you) which includes any statutory cooling off period.
The period starts the day the contract is agreed and becomes binding (i.e. you receive a Despatch Email from us) and ends 30days after the day following delivery of the goods.
Unless we are at fault (for example where you have received faulty items, or items which are not as described), certain items are excluded from the cooling off period guarantee: these include Personalised Items, as well as pierced items where their packaging has been opened (please also see our dedicated Personalised Items order section below).
Please see https://www.ernestjones.co.uk/refunds for further details on how to return goods by post.
IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING PERSONALISED, PIERCED & ENGRAVED JEWELLERY:
Please note that your right to cancel does not apply to orders for pierced jewellery where packaging has been opened, personalised jewellery, gifts or engraved items.
When you order Personalised Jewellery from our website, we will create or customise a specific and potentially unique piece of jewellery designed around your own specific requirements.
You may change your mind and notify us that you wish to cancel your order for Personalised Jewellery at any time before you receive our email that confirms acceptance of your order for Personalised Jewellery. Please note that this is a different email from the one that we send to confirm that we have received your order.
Once you have received our order acceptance email, a binding agreement will be formed and you will no longer have the ability to cancel your order.
Exercising Your Right To Cancel
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel you will need to wait until the goods have been delivered before returning them to us. Details on how to return goods both in store and by post can be found here.